FN Military Collector Series
The FN M249S, a semi-automatic version of the M249 SAW light machinegun, was originally developed by FN Herstal as the FN MINIMI® and adopted by the U.S. Military in 1988. The rifle features the signature 18.5-inch FN cold hammer-forged, chrome-lined barrel and operates from a closed bolt position. Chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO, the rifle will accept both magazine and linked ammunition belt and offers a 4.0-6.5 pound trigger pull out-of-the-box.
- Formed steel frame with claw extractor design
- Fixed, pivoting ejector plus side ejection of cases
- Top cover integrated MIL -STD 1913 mounting rail for sighting systems
- Changeable barrel
- Cold hammer-forged steel
- Hard chrome-plated bore and chamber
- Highly ergonomic polymer buttstock assembly with hydraulic recoil buffer system and non-slip buttplate
- Crossbolt safety
- Curved trigger for improved finger position and control
- Standard disintegrating link belt-fed
- Under-mounted polymer ammunition container helps keep ammunition cleaner for reduced wear and added reliability
- Caliber: 5.56x45 mm
- Operation: Closed-bolt
- Barrel Length: 18.5"
- Overall Length: 40.75"
- Overall Height: 9.5"
- Weight: 17.0 lbs. (empty)
- Twist Rate: 1:7" RH
- Trigger Pull: 4.0 -6.5 lbs.
DEALER LOCATOR BY ZIP
This product is not available for purchase online. Please use the Dealer Locator at left to find your nearest authorized FN dealer.